Kitchens are definitely the heart of the home... a place for gathering, eating and creating. It's the space where you spend the most time & use every single day. Kitchens should be both functional and aesthetically inspiring, with timeless features and bespoke nooks.
I'm definitely not a fan of the word "trend", I'm a strong believer that once something is trendy it's already moving towards being out of style. BUT, I believe these 5 kitchen design trends are timeless and classic, they most definitely wont be slipping towards being out of style any time soon.
Here are my Top 5 Favourite Kitchen Design Trends for 2022:
1. Half Slab Backsplash - Slab backsplashes to match the countertop is all the rave right now...but where to stop? Try taking your backsplash right under a floating shelf!
2. Open Shelves - This one is a given, open shelves as a substitute for uppers is a bold and compelling move. Style these shelves with mix match ceramic bowls, pottery and vintage art.
3. Mushroom Toned Cabinetry - its not quite white but not quite grey... this cozy new neutral is the best of both worlds. Try Farrow & Ball's Skimming Stone or Benjamin Moore's Manchester Tan.
4. Bold Brass - gold hardware is still going strong! Instead of going for a bright shiny yellowy gold, opt for a more rustic looking muted brass look.
5. Weathered Tile Backsplash - sick of subway tiles? Me too. Here's a much better tile trend that will add texture and interest to your space! Try Clé Tile's Wethered White Zellige.